The PC version of Windows 10 requires precisely the same necessities as Windows 7 and 8.1, however, Microsoft has given more subtle details of hardware requirements which we will discuss in this post.
A presentation slide by Microsoft at the WinHec occasion, the organization has affirmed that Windows 10 requires a screen determination of no less than 800 x 600 — alongside a display size of no less than 7-inches for the Windows 10 Pro and 8-inches for buyer variations of the OS.
Furthermore, 32-bit version of Windows 10 require an absolute minimum of 1GB of RAM and 16GB space, while 64-bit editions will request 2GB and 20GB individually.
These requirements are only for the new computers.
- RAM. 1 GB (32-bit/x86) or 2GB (64-bit/x64)
- TPM. Optional, can be TPM 1.2 or 2.0. TPM 2.0 is required one year after Windows 10 RTMs.
- Screen. 7-inches or bigger (Pro) or 8-inches or bigger (consumer), 800 x 600 resolution and higher
- Storage. 16 GB (32-bit/x86) or 20 GB (64-bit/x64)
- Hardware buttons (tablet only). Power, Volume Up and Volume Down are required. Start and rotation lock are optional.
- Graphics. DirectX 9
- Firmware. UEFI 2.3.1 with Secure Boot enabled
- Cellular radio. Optional, can be data-only (not data and voice)
- Audio. Optional.
- Wireless. Optional.
- Touch. Optional, must be at least two-finger touch.
- Sensors. Optional.
- Notification (vibration). Optional.
There are a couple of other part necessities for discretionary connectivity, including everything from cell and WiFi to headset jacks, power and volume catches, etc.