How to Merge Two Facebook Pages Into One Page
This instructional post explains how to merge two Facebook pages into one page. Merge similar Facebook pages into one single page to avoid confusion.
This instructional post explains how to merge two Facebook pages into one page. In this post, I will walk you through the steps which are required to merge two Facebook pages into one single page.
Having multiple Facebook pages for your community, business, peer circle, blog, etc. can create confusion and fuss among your social audience. But, there is a simple way using which you can clear the air by combining or merging those pages into one single Facebook page. Actually, Facebook offers an option using which you can merge two Facebook pages into one page which I have explained below in this post.
Before you go ahead and merge two Facebook pages into one, you must ensure that the following rules are met by you and your pages.
- If you’re an admin for both the pages then only you can request a merge.
- Both the pages have similar names. (must keep them as similar as possible).
- The objective of both pages must be same or they must represent the same purpose.
- If the pages have physical locations, then they must have the same address.
- Please do note that if you try to merge two Facebook pages which are not similar, then both the pages might get unpublished permanently.
- Once you start the process of merging pages, it can’t be undone or canceled.
How to Merge Two Facebook Pages Into One Page:
Step 1: To get started, the first thing you need to do is visit this URL “facebook.com/pages/merge” on your browser.
Step 2: After that, you will see a section called “Request to merge duplicate pages” under which you will see the options to choose the pages which you want to merge.
Step 3: To select a page, click on the “Choose a Page” option and then you will see all your pages from which you can choose the first page for merging. After that, click on the other “Choose a Page” option and select the second page.
Step 4: When you’re done selecting both the pages, simply click the “Continue” button. After that, it will ask you to choose which page you want to merge and which page you want to keep as original. If you and your Facebook pages met the rules mentioned above then you can go ahead and submit the request for merging the pages.
It might take 3 or more days for your pages to be merged into one page. Once the pages are merged, the following things will happen:
- All the user who liked your duplicate page will be notified of the merge.
- All the Check-Ins and Likes of both pages will be combined and visible on the original page.
- Contents like photos, username, reviews, ratings, and posts will be removed automatically from the duplicate page which you have merged.
- The duplicate page will be removed permanently from Facebook.
These are some of the steps which are required to merge Facebook pages into one single page. Simply, follow all the rules and the steps and you will be able to merge your Facebook pages in no time.
Do let me know was the post useful to you?