In this post, we will see how to create your own personalized Facebook avatar. Being one of the top social networking platforms and millions of active users, Facebook is trying to make the platform more fun and interesting. They have introduced many new features that changed the way people use Facebook like Slideshow, Temporary Profile Picture, Account Switcher, List, and much more. They have even rolled out a feature using which you can create your own frames for profile pictures.
So, this new Facebook avatar feature is also quite interesting as it allows you to create your own personalized cartoon avatar or character. It lets you choose your own outfit, skin tone, hairstyle, and so on. You can use the avatar while chatting with your friends in Messenger or in comments as stickers or emojis. Let’s get started and see how you can create an avatar on Facebook.
How to Create Your Own Personalized Facebook Avatar?
Step 1: First, open up the Facebook app on your phone. I am using an Android phone, so I will continue the process on Android only. But, for iOS also the process is similar. After that, you have 2 options to start creating your avatar. You can either tap the “Hamburger” icon at the top, select “See More” and choose the “Avatar” option. Or you can directly click on the comment box of any post, select the “Emoji” icon and the first thing you will see is the option to create an avatar. See the screenshot below.
Step 2: As soon as you select the option, it will ask you to choose any skin tone for your Facebook avatar. There are 27 skin tones available for you to choose from. Just tap on any of the skin tones and press the “Next” button to proceed.
Step 3: Now, it will open up the avatar editor where you can personalize your avatar’s appearance with the following:
- Hair Style: There are 3 sections named Short, Medium, and Long. Each section comes with multiple hairstyles for both males and females. It also comes with the option to change the color of your avatar’s hair.
- Face Shape: There are 12 face shapes available from which you can choose anyone you like. Along with face shape, you will also find the option to select your face complexion and lines.
- Eye Shape: You will find 30 different eye shapes and even change the color of your eyes. It even has the option to apply makeup on your eyes.
- Eyebrows: It has 19 eyebrows for you to choose from. You can also change the color of the eyebrows. For girls, it even has the option to put a Bindi in between the eyebrows.
- Eyewear: There are 10 options available with different spectacles. After selecting the eyewear, you can even choose a different color for the frame.
- Nose: You will find 24 different nose types and even put a nose ring if you want.
- Mouth: It allows you to choose from 12 mouth types and also change the color of the lips.
- Facial Hair: It also features 65 different facial hairstyles that you can add to your avatar. Apart from that, you can change the color of the facial hair.
- Body Shape: There are 10 different body shapes available from thin to fat.
- Outfit: In this section, you will see 65 amazing outfits that you can put on your avatar.
- Headwear: You will also find 14 different headwear like a scarf, monkey cap, etc. The color of the headwear can also be changed.
- Earrings: The last option you will find in the editor allows you to add earrings to your character. There are 9 earrings available.
Step 4: In the Facebook avatar editor, there is another amazing feature available i.e. a mirror. Yes, on the right top corner of the canvas, you will see a “Mirror” icon. You can tap on it open up the front camera on the screen and match the avatar with your face side by side. This gives you the option to personalize the avatar as accurately as possible. You can see the option in the screenshot below.
Step 5: Once you are done with personalizing your avatar, press the “Done” button at the top. As soon as you do that, it will process your personalized avatar and the stickers will be ready to use. You can easily use them in Messenger chats and comments. You can even see the preview of the stickers made with your personalized Facebook avatar.
So, this is how you can make your own Facebook avatar. I find this feature quite amazing as the universal emojis and stickers are becoming boring now. Why not try something new and have fun with your friends on Facebook.
Do let me know what you think about this feature in the comment section below.