Many people work with FLAC files on a daily basis. FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec. A FLAC file is a convenient option for users who want to compress an audio file without losing the sound quality. The compression makes the file about 50% smaller than the original FLAC file used for streaming. The real-time decoding is done very fast. FLAC includes several file data integrity checks. FLAC files are free and they are offered to the users under an open source license. That’s why they are called “Free” and “Lossless”. Their quality is substantially better than the quality of AAC and MP3 files. FLAC files seem to be an ideal option since they sound better and need less storage space.
However, only a few contemporary audio devices support FLAC files. For many years, the device has been using the MP3 format and don’t seem to be ready to change the approach anytime soon. That’s where FLAC to MP3 converters come in. If you need an MP3 file not because you are ready to lose quality but because you just don’t have the means to play FLAC, the converter can save the day. The end product might not be as well sounding as the file you started with, but you’ll have the opportunity to play it on the device you own.
FLAC to MP3 MAC software allows you to convert FLAC files to MP3 files on the Mac OS. It only takes a few seconds for the conversion to occur. Besides converting FLAC files to MP3 files, FLAC to MP3 MAC software allows you to convert FLAC to a variety of formats, including WAV, WMA, OGG, M4A, and more.
Besides working as a converter, FLAC to MP3 MAC software can help you extract audio files from popular video formats, including MP4 and MOV. This option is very useful for extracting movie soundtracks or making an audio file out of a music video.
FLAC to MP3 MAC software is free. It has an intuitive user interface and takes only a few seconds to convert or extract files.
How to Download and Use the FLAC to MP3 MAC software
- Go to https://flactomp3mac.com/ and click the light blue button “download now”. If you can’t open the downloaded file, check if you allowed the “Allow applications downloaded from Mac App Store and identified developers” option.
- Open the application and choose the output audio format (the format you want to get after the conversion). MP3 is set there by default.
- Set audio options, such as MP3 audio bitrate, rate, and channel. You can use the default options. Without selecting the options, you won’t be able to proceed.
- Now you have to choose the output path. This is the place where you want to save the converted files. The “original folder” is set by default. Accordingly, if you don’t make changes, the converted file will be saved to the same folder as the original FLAC file. If you want to change the folder, select “Customize the Output Path” and choose a suitable folder for saving.
- You can drag the FLAC files to the application for conversion. Alternatively, click the app image to add files. If you chose “Original Folder”, the conversion will begin as soon as the files are added without further warning. If you chose “Customize the Output Path,” the program will request you to specify the folder.
Smart tip: Dragging and dropping several files into the application can help you achieve multi-conversion.
- Wait several seconds until the progress bar runs out. The conversion is complete and you can find the converted files in the designated folder.
FLAC to MP3 MAC Advantages
- The application doesn’t have a learning curve.
- A conversion takes under 15 seconds.
- Multi-conversions are allowed.
- Besides MP3, the app converts FLAC files to other formats, such as WAV, WMA, OGG, M4A.
- The app can convert other audio formats to MP3, including WAV, AAC, WMA, etc.
- The application extracts audio from video files.
- The software is free.
FLAC to MP3 MAC is no doubt a best free audio converter for your Mac. You can convert FLAC to multiple formats including MP3. Try it out.
- Get Mac Style Dock on Windows with These Freeware
- How to Download Music from Spotify to Linux, Mac, Windows PC